$ 45.00 USD
WEATHERPROOF SEALANT TAPE
You may have seen us using our sealant tape in our youtube videos. You can watch it here: Antenna install using weatherproof sealant tape on the roof
We use this weatherproof selant tape protect our client’s roof when we install TV antennas and other roof mounted equipment. We also use it for sealing connections outside when installing antennas, cell phone boosters and other equipment. We also use this weatherproof sealant tape to seal around outdoor enclosures, holes in brick, mortar, wood or metal and plastic siding that we may have drilled through as well as other applications.
If you are looking for a reliable, heavy-duty adhesive that can be used for a variety of applications nothing beats the flexibility and strength of weatherproof sealant tape. It does an excellent job providing a mess-free and air-tight sealing for cabling connectionsRVs, windows, boats, glass, and even as an EDPM Rubber Roof Patching.
USES OF WEATHERPROOF SEALANT TAPE
- Household: Given the waterproof and advanced adhesive properties of butyl tape, it’s ideal to be applied to areas wherein leakage and corrosion from humidity are common such as underground pipes and joints. It can also be used in ventilation systems, water pipes insulation, roofing repairs, dust removal equipment, and a lot more. If you own a car, it’s also a good idea to bring a roll of butyl tape with you. Leaks in your car engine can happen anytime, and just a strip or two of butyl tape can seal it in a matter of minutes.
- RVs: If you are the type person who is fond of DYI-ing everything in your RV, then this is the sealant tape to use. While a normal putty tape is relatively more affordable as compared to this sealant tape, spending a few more bucks is worth it since this tape is much more pliable, easier to work with, and it doesn’t dry and make a mess compared to regular putty tapes or sealants.
- Window Sealing: Some people prefer to use this tape to seal their windows and doors as compared to caulking, silicone or other sealants. Why, you might ask? The answer is simple: sealant tapes are easier to manage and work with with minimal mess. It is also conformable, which makes it easy to install on windows and frames with irregular curvatures.
- Vehicles: Vehicle owners will understand that unexpected leaks can happen – and sometimes, it happens at the wrong time! Having a roll of weatherproof selant tape with you can actually provide you peace of mind while driving as it has the ability to do quick emergency repairs. With weatherproof sealant tape, you can use it to fill gaps on a car firewall and as a gasket between vibrating panels.
Weatherproof Sealant Tapes can be considered as an all-in-one solution due to its many applications and uses. It is also compatible with these surfaces:
- Rubber and metal and shingled roofing
- Galvanized Metal
HOW TO PROPERLY INSTALL BUTYL TAPE
Like any other adhesives, ensuring proper installation is highly essential. Here are some tips to help you with the installation process:
- Make sure that the surface is clean, dry, and dust-free. Thoroughly dust the area, clean it with an alcohol solution (if applicable) and let it completely dry before applying the tape.
- Peel the tape from the roll. The tape itself is easy to tear so you shouldn’t have any problem. An important note to make, though: make sure to not touch the adhesive side too much as oils from your hands or any other foreign materials can contaminate the adhesive and lessen its bonding strength.
- Conform the tape to the surface you are applying it to. This eliminates any gaps that may exist between the tape and the surface. The tape is conformable so make sure that you mold and press it against the surface’s bumps, curves, and empty areas, covering every possible area.
- Apply multiple layers of the tape to make the the patch thicker. This set-up would significantly increase the strength, stability, and air and watertight properties of the application. Eliminate any air bubbles which may exist by applying pressure on the area of application.
- You can trim any adhesive that oozes out using a plastic knife or any plastic card.
- Wet your fingers with soapy water (just normal 50-50 mix of water and soap), and rub it on the tape’s surface. This will smoothen the butyl rubber, reduce any bumps or lumps, and give your installation a smooth and professional look!
- Allow the tape to cure, dry, and acclimatize overnight before exposing the surface to any harsh conditions. If this isn’t possible, then letting the tape set for at least 3-4 hours would be sufficient.
Versatile Applications. It can be applied to rubber roofing, galvanized metal, frosted fiberglass, wood, textile, plastic, aluminum, and any other typical RV, home, automobile, and boat surfaces.
|Dimensions||23 × 20 × 3 cm|